Monday, April 25, 2011

My Cutter Quilt Stash



This is just a part of cutter quilt stash. I have them rolled and stacked in a corner of my raggedy room at the shop. You can get alot in alittle space by rolling them. Not the best picture, sorry. I grabbed a few to bring home and wash. Going to be making more handmades with them. I'm bad and feel that I have to rescue each and every cutter quilt I see. Well someone has too. To all who have asked these are all full size quilts that haven't been cut and just a part of my stash. Once I cut a quilt a usually sew up the whole quilt. I even save the scraps and use them for stuffing. I waste nothing.

6 comments:

Angela said...

A great collection. Can't wait to see what you create with them. Thanks for sharing and have a great evening.

Firecracker Kid said...

Well, I think they look cool all stacked up like that. A part of your home decor doll:P

TheRustyThimble said...

OH my gosh Kathy, I want to come and visit you. I love cutter quilts and they are not easy to find except for online. I can't wait for our storm system to blow out of here so maybe I can go to some sales and do a treasure hunt for some myself. Can't wait to see what you make
Brenda

fabriquefantastique said...

Wow Kathy, its even bigger than mine!! Are these whole quilts or pieces

~ KITTREDGE MERCANTILE ~ said...

They are whole quilts and just a part of my cutter collection. I have plastic containers full of cut quilt pieces. I have been buying cutters for 25 years and like I said I think I have to rescue them all. I'm bad.

fabriquefantastique said...

I am going to try to stack like that, when the weather warms up and I can work comfortably in the garage/warehouse. I do roll quilts to take to shows...put them in a big plastic dollar store carrier bag.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online