Whatcha Working On Wednesday



Today I'm working on a cross stitch valentine piece. I've been working on it for the past two nights. The pattern calls for stitching it on osnaburg please...... have you seen osnaburg and how small the weave is. That wasn't going to happen so I'm stitching on a peice of 28 count linen. Its still tough for me to see. Good thing I make primitives so a missed stitch here in there is a plus. Its suppose to be a cupboard tuck but due to stitching on a larger piece of weave mine is going to be a pillow. I'm going to trim with a homespun border, add a rusty pin and bell and maybe a handstamped tag then dip it in coffee. I'm hoping to get it stitched tonight while watching American Idol so I can have fun making it a pillow tommorrow. I'd better get busy stitching........

Comments

I can't stitch on osnaburg either. I even bought a magnifying glass to attach to my hoop. I think it makes it worse. I just love the look on it though, but like you, I use a bigger count linen and think it looks just as nice. Good luck.
~Melissa~

Popular Posts