Primitive Handmade Wire Heart .....



I just love learning a new craft. I saw this somewhere and I had to make a few for my shop. I used bailing wire from Home Depot then I had my people make me a outline with screws on a piece of wood. I then wrapped the wire around the screws to get a basic heart shape then I removed the screws. I used the big black drywall screws. Then I just wrapped and twisted the wire as I saw fit. Trying to work the ends in as I went. Weaving the wire back and forth, under and over. I just cut a nice long length of wire to work with. When done I added a handle. I sized the handle first then I went back twice and wrapped it. I love the results. Its looking for a new home over on my Etsy Shop.This is a great project for any shape. I'm going to try making stars next. I see single stars and garland stars. The possibilities are endless. This is a easy project that anyone one any age can do. And its instant, nothing to let dry or sand or paint. Its fun to see the end result but fair warning its hard on your hands.

Comments

Outofmymind said…
I saw a huge one made on a home decorating show years ago and have wanted to do it, but never got around to it. Now I think I will and do one in a much more managable size like yours. I love it!!!
laurelsbylaurie said…
i really love this. I love hearts of any style. :)
Ahl Cooped Up said…
That looks like a fun project.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Pat
Etsy Studios said…
Looks like fun .I like the texture.
Firecracker Kid said…
Very interesting Kathy. I think I'll try it.

Popular Posts